Eight Ways a Smart Home Can Make Your Life Easier
For those of us who own smartphones, it’s hard to imagine what it would be like to live without them. Nowadays, you can use this “smart” technology to control everything from your home’s security system to your household appliances and heating/cooling systems. Here are a few examples of the many ways a smart home and home automation can simplify your life.
- Control temperature: How often do you find yourself getting up to adjust the thermostat? Smart technology can automatically raise and lower the temperature to keep it at a comfortable level, which offers convenience — and can help you save energy.
- Receive instant security alerts: Having a smart home can put your mind at ease while you’re away. You’ll receive an instant alert via your smartphone or tablet whenever someone trips a burglar alarm or tries to enter your home.
- Monitor your surveillance cameras remotely: If you prefer to be a little more vigilant about home security, smart technology allows your phone or tablet to serve as an extra monitor for your surveillance cameras. You’ll be able to view live and recorded camera feeds on a 24/7/365 basis, even if you’re hundreds of miles from home.
- Answer the door when you’re not home: Are you concerned about who might be ringing the doorbell at your house during the day while you’re at work? With smart technology, you can use your mobile device to see who’s at the door. If you need to let someone inside, you can unlock the door with a quick tap, and then lock it again when the person leaves.
- Control your lights: Burglars often watch for patterns of the lights going on and off in a home to determine the best time to break in. Smart technology enables you to automate the operation of your interior and exterior lighting at random intervals to make it appear someone is at home.
- Go wireless: Smart home systems feature Wi-Fi connectivity, which means you can go completely wireless. You won’t have to string cables all over your house, and you can even ditch that expensive landline from the phone company.
- Watch your kids and pets: Whether you have younger kids you leave with a nanny or babysitter, or teenagers who are old enough to stay home alone, smart technology makes it easier to monitor their activities. You can even keep an eye on your household pets.
- Utilize voice activation: If you have Google Home or Amazon Echo, you can integrate these smart speakers with your smart home features. You’ll be able to use the power of your voice to perform tasks such as arming your security system, unlocking doors and adjusting the thermostat from the comfort of your easy chair.
Contact Titan Alarm, Inc. for More Information Regarding Smart Home Technology
Contact Titan Alarm to learn more about the numerous advantages of transforming your Phoenix- or Tucson-area house into a smart home. We can also schedule a convenient in-home consultation.
Learn More About Smart Home Technology
Updated by Titan Alarm on November 5, 2018.