Video Surveillance Tips for Your Restaurant
Why do restaurants need video surveillance? A strategically positioned camera system can help to control internal theft that is a major issue in many restaurants. You can also more closely monitor your kitchen staff to ensure they are adhering to safe food handling and preparation procedures.
Other restaurant video surveillance benefits include increased security by being able to see who is entering and leaving the facility, greater protection against false injury liability claims, enhanced employee training opportunities and the ability for owners and managers to spend less time on security issues and more time on running the business.
How to Choose the Right Type of Video Surveillance System for Your Restaurant
The following tips can help you select and install the best surveillance camera system for your facility:
- Covering your biggest troubles spots – To deliver the maximum effects, restaurant video surveillance systems must provide clear visual images of the most vulnerable areas. Consider placing cameras in the kitchen, at POS stations or cash registers, in bar areas, at entrances and exits and in offices. You should also install outdoor cameras that monitor your parking lot, especially during the nighttime hours. And a surveillance camera is essential at drive-thru windows or order pick-up areas, as these spots pose a high risk for assaults and robberies.
- Recording capabilities – In addition to providing live camera feeds, your surveillance system should include recording capabilities. This allows you to review previous transactions and events at any time and can provide valuable video evidence whenever you suspect misconduct or criminal activity.
- Flexibility – You may find that your restaurant’s security needs change over time. A wireless surveillance system allows you to easily relocate the cameras without having to deal with tangled wires, while also providing maximum placement flexibility. You can also easily add more cameras if you expand or remodel your facility.
- Remote monitoring – Even the most “hands-on” restaurant owners must leave the facility at some point. One of the biggest pros of restaurant video surveillance systems is the remote accessibility. You can use your smartphone, tablet or laptop to monitor live and recorded camera feeds while you’re running errands, picking up supplies or — on those rare occasions — relaxing at home.
- Seamless integration with other security devices – Video surveillance represents only one component of a comprehensive restaurant security solution. Your system should also include the integration of devices such as burglar and fire alarms and access control products, along with 24/7 professional monitoring to ensure a prompt response of emergency personnel and minimize the likelihood of false alarms.
Contact Titan Alarm, Inc. for Your Restaurant Security Needs in Phoenix
If you own or operate a Phoenix, AZ area restaurant, Titan Alarm, Inc. can design and install a fully integrated security system that will provide the reliable, around-the-clock protection your facility needs. Get in touch with us to learn more about why restaurants need video surveillance to keep customers and employees safe and maximize profitability.
Learn More About Commercial Video Surveillance
- Parking Lot Video Surveillance
- Public Building Surveillance
- Reasons Why People Shoplift
- Are Security Cameras In Public Places A Good Or Bad Thing?
Updated by Titan Alarm on November 5, 2018.