Top Smart Home Technologies to Consider as You Build Your New Home
If you’re in the process of designing your dream home, you’ve probably spent a lot of time thinking about things like the size of the rooms and whether or not you want to install a fireplace. For many homeowners, though, the implementation of smart technology also deserves strong consideration. What is smart home technology? Simply put, a smart home is equipped with lighting, heating and cooling units, electronics, appliances and security systems that are able to communicate with one another and can be programmed and controlled remotely with a computer, smartphone, tablet or smartwatch.
Examples of the Best Smart Home Technology
Specific examples of new smart home technology include:
- Lighting: Smart home lighting systems feature Wi-Fi-enabled LED light bulbs that can significantly reduce your home energy bills. You can also program your lights to turn on and off at specified times, which also helps to conserve energy and serves as an effective home security measure.
- Thermostats: A smart thermostat enables you to more easily control your home’s heating and cooling system and maintain the optimum temperature throughout the year. It has the ability to automatically adjust the system’s operation whenever the interior temperature rises or falls — you won’t have to worry about getting up in the middle of the night because the house is too hot or too cold.
- Household appliances: Smart household appliances include everything from washers and dryers that can be programmed to automatically start loads to refrigerators equipped with cameras that can take pictures and email them to your smartphone — so you’ll know whether you need to pick up a gallon of milk on your way home from work. You can even get a smart crock pot that allows you to control the settings remotely with your computer or mobile device.
- Beds: A smart bed allows you to improve sleep quality by using embedded sensors to track your movements and vital signs and make recommendations for improvements. It can also be integrated with your heating and cooling system so you can maintain a comfortable sleeping temperature throughout the night.
- Security systems: What is the best smart home technology solution in terms of a security system? A fully integrated smart home security system typically consists of devices such as wireless video surveillance cameras, motion sensors, door locks, fire alarms and smoke detectors. An example of how an integrated smart security system works is when an intruder trips a motion sensor that causes the lights to turn on, while simultaneously triggering the video cameras to begin recording.
Trust Titan Alarm With Your Smart Home
If you are building your new home in the Phoenix, AZ area, Titan Alarm, Inc. has all your smart home technology needs covered. We can work with you to design and install a fully integrated smart home system that encompasses security, energy management, appliance operation and much more. You’ll also have the ability to easily monitor and control your system via a downloadable mobile app.
Contact Titan Alarm today to learn more about what the best smart home technology options are for your new home.
Learn More About Smart Home Technology
Updated by Titan Alarm on November 5, 2018.