Technology Is Changing Home Security
It seems technology changes almost at the speed of light these days, and it impacts every aspect of our lives — including the way we protect our homes. While some of us still rely on locks and keys or maybe even our canine companions to keep us safe from intruders, advanced technology in home security offers much more reliable solutions.
Some of the more noteworthy changes in home security today include:
- Sensors: Sensors play a vital role in the function of today’s home security systems and make them more dependable than ever. For example, outdoor motion sensors can instantly detect the presence of intruders and activate your security lighting and alarms. Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors will provide an immediate alert to warn you of the danger of fire and potentially lethal carbon monoxide gas.
- IP Cameras: Internet protocol cameras are the new technology in home surveillance. Unlike traditional analog CCTV (closed-circuit television), digital IP camera systems can transmit and receive digital data via the Internet. You have greater flexibility for camera placement and the ability to store recorded images in the cloud for future viewing.
- Remote Monitoring Capabilities: Do you ever worry about what’s going on in and around your home when you’re not there? Remote monitoring enables you to use your smartphone or tablet as an extension of your home security system. You can perform functions such as watching live or recorded video camera feeds and monitoring your burglar and fire alarms while you’re at work or on the go, giving you additional peace of mind.
- Access Control: An access control system allows you to manage your home’s entry points and locks while you’re away. For example, you can use your smartphone to unlock a door to allow a repairman inside while you’re at work or let a neighbor in to feed your pets when you’re on vacation. You no longer have to worry about hiding a spare key under the mat or entrusting it to someone else — you’ll have complete control over who enters your home at all times.
- Home Automation: Home automation technology allows you to preschedule the operation of the various aspects of your security system — cameras, sensors, locks, lighting, etc. — as well as your appliances and other electronic devices. This gives you greater control over their functionality and enables them to work more efficiently, which can make your home more secure and reduce your energy bills.
- Remote Monitoring: New technology in home surveillance now makes it easier than ever for central monitoring stations to observe camera feeds and respond to alarms. Wireless technology can prevent burglars from cutting phone lines or storms from knocking out your home’s power supply, ensuring a timely, uninterrupted feed between your home and the monitoring station.
Titan Alarm Remains at the Forefront of Technology in Home Security
Phoenix and Tucson area residents trust the experts at Titan Alarm to keep their homes safe. We can design and install an advanced security system featuring the latest technological innovations. Contact us to schedule your free in-home security consultation today.
Learn More About Home Automation
- Keep Your Playrooms Safe
- Should You Install A Carbon Monoxide Detector In Your Garage?
- Smart Home Automation With Your Children
- Home Automation Support Center
Updated by Titan Alarm on November 5, 2018.