Staying Connected to Your Home While on Vacation
For many of us, summer is the time for getting away from the everyday stress and enjoying some downtime — and that often means going away on vacation. But worrying about what’s going on around your home can prevent you from relaxing and enjoying yourself.
An excellent way to put your mind at ease is to install a home security system equipped with smart technology. This will allow you to use your smartphone or tablet to monitor your home, even if you’re thousands of miles away. What’s more, you won’t have to take much time away from those fun-filled activities you’ve been looking forward to for so long.
Here’s what you can do with smart technology:
- View camera feeds: If you’ve installed video surveillance cameras to watch over your property, smart technology enables you to use your mobile device as a remote monitor. You can watch live and recorded video feeds whenever you wish, giving you a little extra peace of mind.
- Receive instant alerts: If you don’t want to be bothered to check on your camera feeds while you’re relaxing, smart technology can provide instant alerts whenever there’s an issue. Your monitoring service will also receive a notification, enabling them to investigate the situation and inform you if there’s a problem that requires your attention.
- Lock and unlock your doors: If you’re like many vacationing homeowners, you might have a friend, relative or neighbor stop by your house once or twice a day to care for your pets, take in the mail or make sure that everything is okay. Smart technology allows you to unlock the door remotely to let the person inside and lock the door when they leave. You don’t have to worry about hiding keys under the mat or having them copied or lost.
- Control lighting: You’ll be able to use your phone or tablet to turn lights on and off to make it look as though someone is occupying your home. You can even automate the process by pre-programming the activation of the lighting at specific times during the day and night.
- Engage in virtual communication: If you have teenagers who aren’t going with you on vacation, smart technology allows you to stay connected with them while you’re away. By connecting a video app to your indoor security cameras, you’ll be able to observe your kids’ comings and goings and even converse with them whenever you wish.
- Adjust HVAC units and appliances: With smart technology, you can control the operation of your thermostat and household appliances with a quick press of a button. You’ll be able to keep your home at the ideal temperature and minimize your energy consumption.
Contact Titan Alarm to Learn More
Titan Alarm, Inc. is at the forefront of smart home technology in the Phoenix and Tucson, AZ. Contact us for more information and to schedule a free in-home security consultation today.
Learn More About Security Monitoring
Updated by Titan Alarm on November 5, 2018.