Smart Home Automation With Your Children
With technology becoming more and more prevalent in today’s society, it’s time that we all should embrace the fact that the younger generations are about to pass us up with their understanding of technology. So with today’s kids using iPhones, iPads and everything in-between for their entertainment, let’s train them on how to help run your house’s Smart Home Automation system so that they can turn lights on and off too if they forgot them on.
According to the Pew Research Center, 73% of today’s teens all have smartphones, which means your kids will be nothing short of being able to properly access and utilize the smart home application.
We’ve listed a 3 step guide below of how to teach your kids how to use your smart home security system, and how to use it smartly.
2-Steps to Teach Responsible Smart Home Application Use
1. Make it Familiar: Download the Alarm.com application to their phone and walk through the application and everything it can do together. Show them how to control the main smart home application components, the lights, locks, thermostats, and other devices that you have installed throughout your home. If you run into issues or confusion feel free to contact us and have one of our Titan Alarm Specialists help you out.
2. Understanding Risks: After you’ve taught your child how to use the Alarm.com application, make sure they understand that there are a lot of responsibilities along with being taught how to use the application. Make sure they understand that they could put your family and house’s security at risk if they misuse the application and that they need to take using the application very serious.
Make sure that you have set rules as a family that will work for everyone involved. Work as a family to set expectations with energy management, home security and home automation.
Titan Alarm wants to help you implement Home Automation into your Family’s life, give us a call today 602-680-4567 or text us 623-523-4849.
Learn More About Home Automation
- Home Automation Support Center
- Technology Is Changing Home Security
- The Dangers Of Co2
- The Future Of Home Automation
Updated by Titan Alarm on November 5, 2018.