Reduce False Alarms at Home
False alarms definitely have an impact on your home life as well as your personal life, but did you know that they also can effect your security company and your community? False alarm fees can rack up and cost you hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. Aside from having an effect on your pocket, it can also leave a negative taste with your system and your security provider.
How to Reduce False Alarms:
Most of the false alarms are caused by simple mistakes that can be fixed very easily.
The most common causes for false alarms are the following:
- Failing to Train Authorized Users.
- Using Incorrect Keypad Codes.
- Alarm System is Not Pet Proofed.
- Objects hanging around motion detectors.
- Batteries that are dying.
- Faulty Equipment.
- Re-entering the home just after leaving and not disarming the house.
Ways to prevent false alarms:
- Make sure all authorized users are fully trained.
- Secure all doors and windows before arming the alarm.
- Have routine service on your home security system done.
- Always inform your security company of new pass codes and arming codes. As well as new users.
If you have any questions as to your system working properly, immediately call Titan Alarm at 602-680-4567 or TEXT US at 623-523-4849.
Learn More About Home Security
Updated by Titan Alarm on November 5, 2018.