Home Improvements That Pay You Back
There are many good reasons to undertake a home remodeling project. Sprucing up a bedroom or bathroom, for example, can increase the room’s functionality and make it more attractive. And the right exterior renovation can boost your home’s curb appeal and make it the envy of the neighborhood.
There are also several improvements that will provide financial benefits by increasing your home’s resale value. The following projects can deliver an excellent return on your investment when the time comes to put your house on the market:
- Making minor bathroom renovations: Many folks make the condition of the bathrooms a top priority when determining whether to purchase a home. The good news is that you don’t have to tear the entire room apart to make a cost-effective upgrade. A project that involves replacing the tub, sink and flooring could produce up to a 100 percent return on your investment.
- Redesigning a kitchen: The kitchen has become the focal point in the modern home. A kitchen upgrade that includes replacing the oven, range and fixtures, as well as re-facing the cabinets and putting in laminate flooring will cost around $15,000. It will also yield a return of up to 98 percent when you sell your house.
- Transforming an attic: Converting an attic into a bedroom can provide badly needed sleeping space for a growing family and increase a home’s value. Depending on where you live, an attic conversion will yield a return of 80-105 percent at selling time. Your attic project should include the installation of high-quality insulation, assuming you don’t already have it.
- Remodeling a basement: A finished basement can give you additional living space to use as a spare bedroom, family room, entertainment area or “man cave.” You should also be able to recoup about 90 percent of a basement renovation project’s cost upon selling your home.
- Improving the exterior: Unless buyers are looking for a bargain-priced “fixer-upper,” they’re likely to drive by without stopping if they see a house with a dilapidated exterior. Making improvements such as painting, installing new siding or upgrading the landscaping will increase your home’s resale value — and make it more inviting to prospects.
- Building a deck: Adding a backyard deck or patio or expanding the porch will also add value to your home and increase its visual appeal. The typical deck project costs around $10,000-$12,000, but you’ll get about 90 percent of that back when you sell your home.
- Investing in smart technology: You might not think of features such as home automation and wireless security cameras as home improvements, but today’s home shoppers, especially younger buyers, are looking for “smart” technology that is already integrated into the design. This can you a competitive edge over other sellers, especially during a buyer’s market.
Titan Alarm, Inc. Can Handle Your Home’s Smart Technology Needs
If you own a home in Phoenix or Tucson, AZ or the surrounding areas, Titan Alarm can install an innovative security system equipped with the latest home automation technology. Contact us to schedule a free in-home consultation today.
Learn More About Home Automation
- History Of Home Security
- Holiday Headaches
- Home Automation Geo Location Services
- Home Automation With Voice Control
Updated by Titan Alarm on November 5, 2018.