Explore the Benefits of Keyless Door Locks
If you’re like a lot of folks, you worry about what’s going on in and around your home when you’re not there. The concern is even greater if you have kids who are old enough to be home alone, or if you’re a frequent traveler. And when you consider that approximately one-third of burglars gain entry via unlocked doors or windows, forgetting or neglecting to lock your doors can be a serious home security mistake.
What Are Smart Locks?
Many homeowners in Phoenix and Tucson are discovering that installing smart locks makes their home safer and gives them peace of mind about doing all they can to protect their property. Smart locks are keyless door locks you can operate remotely with your smartphone, tablet or Internet-connected computer. No more worries about leaving a spare key under a doormat or inside that ceramic turtle on your front porch — or what could happen if you forget to lock your door when you leave for work or when going on vacation.
You’ve probably had the frustrating experience of locking your house key inside your home or even losing it at some point. Unless a family member can bring you a spare quickly, the only way to get in is by prying open a window or bearing the expense of calling a locksmith. But with the advent of keyless door locks, you won’t have to deal with the inconvenience — not to mention the numerous security risks — that come with carrying a house key again.
Keyless locks are another example of “smart” technology that is taking home security to a higher level. While some keyless door locks contain a keypad the requires the user to punch in an access code, the more advanced version enables you to lock and unlock doors by tapping your smartphone. The advantages of these locks include:
- Remote control: Unlike a conventional lock, you don’t have to be standing at the door to operate a keyless lock. As long as you have your mobile device handy, you can lock and unlock the door even if you’re at work, traveling or running errands. If it suddenly dawns on you that you forgot to lock the door after you’ve left in the morning, you can take care of it with a quick tap.
- No more hiding keys: Hiding a spare key in the geraniums, under the mat or atop the porch light might give you the peace of mind of knowing you won’t lock yourself out. However, experienced burglars know all the tricks, and they’ll likely find the key in no time. And leaving a key with a neighbor who is looking after your home while you’re away poses a host of security risks. A smartphone-controlled keyless lock eliminates the need for spare keys.
- Controlling access: Keyless locks give you total control over who enters your home. For example, you can use them to let a repairman in to do work or a delivery driver to drop off a package (instead of leaving it on the porch). When paired with other security devices such as video surveillance cameras, you can also monitor their activities while they’re inside. Some door lock systems can even provide text alerts whenever someone enters your home. You’ll know whether your kids have arrived home from school safely or if a burglar tries to break in.
- No more fumbling at the door: If your keyring is full, it can take a while to find the right key to open the door — especially if you’re carrying an armload of packages or grocery bags. With your keyless locks, you can unlock the door with your mobile device the minute you pull in the driveway.
- No more leaving keys with friends or neighbors: Are you in the habit of giving a friend, neighbor or relative a spare key so they can enter your home to take of things while you’re away? Keys are easy to duplicate or lose, and there’s always the possibility they’ll end up in the wrong hands. With a smart lock, you simply give your caretaker an access code so they can unlock the door — and you can change the code whenever you wish. You can also activate the lock remotely with your mobile device to let people in. Spare keys are no longer necessary!
- You’ll never “forget” to lock your door again: How many times have you been in a hurry to leave for work or take the kids to school in the morning — and didn’t remember to lock your door? With a smart lock, you’ll receive an instant notification via your mobile device whenever you leave an exterior door unlocked. You can then lock it with just a quick tap.
- Easy for kids to use: If your kids need to get inside the house after school or at other times when you’re not there, you can give them a code, so they can enter as they wish. And you don’t have to worry about them losing the spare key.
- Combine them with other devices for an enhanced home security solution: Integrating a smart lock with devices such as doorbell or video surveillance cameras will increase home security by adding a visual component. You’ll be able to see who’s coming and going and control the operation of your locks accordingly.
- Easy installation: Most smart door locks are fast and easy to install — the process is similar to that of changing traditional key-activated door locks.
Contact Titan Alarm to Learn More About Keyless Door Locks
As one of the top home security companies in Phoenix and Tucson, AZ, Titan Alarm Inc. can provide you with a fully integrated security solution that includes state-of-the-art keyless door locks. Feel free to contact us for more information and to schedule a no-obligation in-home consultation today.
Learn More About Home Access Control
Updated by Titan Alarm on November 5, 2018.
Page Updated November 1, 2018